Wednesday 16 January 2013

Kev Beadle Presents Private Collection - Independent Jazz Sounds From 70's & 80's


Hard to believe its been about 16 years since I last put a compilation together and nearly 20 years since I was asked to raid my collection to put together a selection of rare hard to find music from days gone by.

The music on this compilation is a personal musical journey tracing back to my early experiences as both a DJ and collector on the jazz dance scene from Jaffa's to Dingwalls via the Electric Ballroom and The Wag 

Released on 18th March on BBE Records on double vinyl, CD and digital formats.

Full CD tracklisting:

01. Peter Giger's Family Of Percussion & Archie Shepp - Here Comes The Family
02. Kamal Abdul Alim - Brotherhood **
03. Johnny Walker – Dipping
04. Irakere – Chekere Son **
05. The Pharaohs - Freedom Road **
06. Southern Energy Ensemble - Open Your Mind **     
07. Roy Porter - Jessica (Instrumental)
08. Byron Morris & Unity - Sun Shower   
09. Seeds of Fulfillment - Namaste
10. Reverie - In Every Way **
11. Olli Ahvenlahti - Grandma's Rocking Chair **
12. James Williams - Flying Colors 

Digital Bonus:
13. Frank Walton – Safari **
14. Jayne Cortez & The Firespitters - I See Chano Pozo **
15. Chuck Flores – Padali **
16. Roy Porter Sound Machine - Jessica (Vocal)  

** Vinyl tracks   


3 comments:

  1. Good at last to see an excellent new compilation of classic jazz dance is coming out a rarity during the last few years!

    Selfishly as I have been listening to & collecting this sort of stuff for years I have most of these already so here's hoping it sells loads & you can bring out a Vol 2.

    All the best & good luck Kev & BBE.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tunes... Love your work, Kev! Blogged here:
    http://funkybites.blogspot.com/2013/01/kev-beadle-presents-private-collection.html (it's on Bulgarian)

    Love,
    Dobo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev,

    I will have to cop this straight away! I can't remember which came first, buying the Argo/Chess compilations you did back in the day, or listining to your radio show on Solar back around 1990, but to this day, I'm thankful that I discovered your genius. Keep doing the thing man. One of these days, I will make it over there again.

    ReplyDelete